Here are a few things I'm thankful for today.
1. That my turkey that sat in the fridge for 5 days and then in a brine overnight and was still frozen in the middle when I started cooking it turned out to be the best turkey EVER. (The menu was the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry compote, Sweet Potatoes (minus the caramel), mulled red wine sangria, cornbread stuffing, apple pie, pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. Maybe I'll read this next year and be able to find the recipes again!)
2. That when my cat clawed me in the forehead that he just pierced the skin, instead of leaving claw marks down my face.
3. That Hillary is losing ground in the polls, and Barack is gaining.
4. For brandy. Which goes good in egg nog. Which goes good in my tummy.
5. That I like all of the family I shared today with.
6. That I can recycle the 15 lbs of ads that today's newspaper was in.
7. That I have a dishwasher, and didn't have to wash all 5 loads (so far) by hand today.
8. That my cat loves me.
9. That my kids love me.
10. That my blog has really cool readers, so I don't just talk to myself on these pages anymore.
And the thing I am most grateful for...
11. That I have so many incredible people in my life, and it's a good one.