- Wow, I've seen a lot of lists comparing the way things are between generations, and nothing has made me feel so in-between as this one has. I understand how these are things that this generation has always known, but I'm also right there with the previous generation, and I remember when a satellite was a 15' dish, the Tiananmen Square Massacre happened, when everyone knew the etiquette of party-line phones (which might be why I can't stand the idea of anyone listening in on my phone calls!), and I miss Johnny Carson!
- Thanks to the newly engineered tear-free onion, I might not have to buy those onion-chopping goggles, after all.
Reminder: Valentine's Day is next week. Here's a great collection of 1950's Valentine Cards.
- Does it surprise anyone that former SCO Chair Ralph Yarro is behind the Utah WiFi Age Verification bill? Let's see, chair of a company that died a slow painful death due to his stupidity convinces Utah lawmaker Bradley Daw that he should kill free public wireless because it'll protect kids? Yep, not any better thought out than anything else Yarro's done. Hope Daw puts 2 and 2 together to figure out that it's a bad idea all the way around, and won't protect a single child from anything.
- Have you heard how wretched the Canadian health system is?
- When Obama HQ announced that we won Utah, they used my photo of Theo, Strider and Devon during last June's Walk for Change for the blog!
- (h/t to Boing Boing for much of today's most interesting stuff, as usual.