Friday, August 03, 2007

Standing up to Bill O'Reilly

I blogged yesterday about Chris Dodd standing up to BillO. I got an email from the Dodd campaign today, and I thought I'd share it here.

Dear Misty,


Support the Netroots, Stand up to Bill O'Reilly - Stand with Senator Dodd in support of Yearly Kos, the netroots community and against Bill O'Reilly's unfair attacks - Click to Watch the VideoBefore I leave for the YearlyKos convention and candidate forum in Chicago, I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for your support, encouragement and enthusiasm over the past few days.


As many of you know, I decided to go on Bill O'Reilly's show and confront him on his unfair attacks against the netroots.


Here's the video:


http://www.chrisdodd.com/dodd-oreilly



Mr. O'Reilly ought to be honest with his viewers. His problem isn't with a micro-sample of comments on DailyKos or any other blog, it's with our progressive principles and bold leadership on the most important issues of the day.


His problem is with our desire to begin bringing troops home from Iraq...today.


It's about our respect of the Constitution and the rule of law.


It's about acknowledging global warming and climate change are grave threats to our planet.


These are issues that I've led on throughout this campaign, and I hope as we get a chance to continue this discussion you'll help spread the word about them.


Until then, here is the video of my appearance on the "O'Reilly Factor" last night.



Take a look, forward it to your friends, and let's make it the most watched video on YouTube today.


http://www.chrisdodd.com/dodd-oreilly


Thanks again for all of your support over the last days, weeks, and months.


On to Chicago,


Chris Dodd