Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pajama Party at the Senate

Crooks and Liars has a whole lot of information about What You Can Do Today To Make Your Voice Heard On The Filibuster, including a timeline of events planned in DC this evening. Rumor has it that Madame Speaker herself will be leading the Candle Lite Call to Action.

MoveOn.org tells me that there are at least 2 counter-filibuster events planned near Salt Lake, including this one:
Tuesday, 17 Jul 2007, 5:00 PM
Senator's office bldg, 125 S. State
125 S. State
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Directions: The local offices of Senators Hatch & Bennett are at 125 S. State, Salt Lake City
Description We need to take letters, petitions, go to, the offices of Senator Hatch & Bennett, asking them not to filibuster the bill to wind down the war.
END THE WAR IN IRAQ!

If my kids were in better moods, I'd bring them down with me to that event, but I don't think they'd be pleasant about it, so I'm going to skip this one. I'll be with everyone else across the nation in my thoughts, though. And maybe I'll even get to catch parts of it on tv.