Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More than meets the eye

My boyfriend and I took the kids to see Transformers last Sunday. Since the boys are 7 and 9, I wasn't going to let them see it before I did. But, some other friends saw it, and said they thought both of them would be fine with it.

I've got to say - that movie ROCKED! Especially Bumblebee. The story was good, the special effects were good, pretty much everything about it was good. I can't wait to see it again (very soon!). The only issue I had was the blurry camera during some of the action scenes. I'm hoping that by sitting farther back, that won't be as bad, but it really is blurry.


I'm debating on getting the toys for my children, but they sure look fun!

On the way home, Preston (my 7-year old) has this conversation with us:
Preston: I just don't get it, Mom.
Us: Well, see there are good robots and bad robots from another planet...
Preston: No, I mean the DNA. Why did they need DNA?
Us: Ummm, see DNA is what you're made up of, all of your cells, they're kind of like Legos, and they all have DNA which is kind of like a book that tells the cell what it should do. So, that's what DNA is.
Preston (getting irritated): Ugh. I know, Mom. I know what DNA is, but what did it have to do with anything in the movie?


I need to remember I have smart kids.

Anyway, I have no regrets letting them see the movie. They've see Star Wars and every Harry Potter (well, we haven't made it to the newest one, yet), so I didn't think there was anything in Transformers that they shouldn't have seen. The violence wasn't gory, nor was it anything remotely close to something they would experience in real-life, and even though the scorpion was scary, it wasn't all that creepy. I'm sure not all kids would handle the movie well, but I'm glad I got to see this with them.